Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Mission, Vision, Core Values, Domains Of Value, & Key Drivers
Overton Brooks VA Medical Center will honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
Overton Brooks VA Medical Center will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based. This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, and continuous improvement. It will emphasize prevention and population of health and contribute to the nation’s well-being through education, research and service in National emergencies. We will be patient-centered, data-driven, continuously improving, and a team-based facility provide high quality and excellent care to our nations Veterans.
Overton Brooks VA Medical Center exemplifies Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, and Excellence (“I CARE”). Our Characteristic goals are being Trustworthy, Accessible, Quality-focused, Innovative, Agile, and Integrated.
Domains of Value
- Provide safe high quality health care that is competent, compassionate, and cost-effective to improve the functional status of veterans by using evidence-based approaches with measurable results
- Satisfy veterans by providing courteous, respectful, and timely access to appropriate patient-centered care.
- Promote financial health through sound business and compliance processes that support our mission of providing exceptional health care.
- Enhance relationships within the community to improve service to veterans by strengthening communication systems, implementing new outreach programs, supporting seamless transition to VA from active duty, promoting education with academic affiliates, and promoting research related to improving the health and well being of veterans.
- Develop our employees to meet the current and future needs of VISN 16 by promoting diversity, excellence, and satisfaction in the workforce; fostering a culture that encourages innovation and participation; enhancing developmental programs and educational opportunities; and recognizing and rewarding high level employee performance and contribution.