Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Patient education is a priority at Overton Brooks VA Medical Center. We are committed to helping you make informed choices concerning you and your family’s health care.
In the Medical Library, patients and family members may look up health topics on the web by visiting MyHealthEVet. Our staff can assist you in finding up-to-date information about medical conditions and treatment options. We also hold various group programs including Move! (Managing Overweight/Obese Veterans Everywhere!) and QuitSmart Smoking Cessation classes.
If you have any health education needs, please contact the Patient Health Education Coordinator at (318) 221-8411, extension 5076 or stop by the Medical Library on the 2nd floor, West Wing.
Overton Brooks Library - Services available through our library.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis Information - Get the facts and health tips.
Hot Weather Health & Safety Tips - Be prepared for the hot weather.
VA Nutrition and Food Services Site - Read the latest on nutrition and more.
Practice Good Oral Hygiene - Find out more here.
Patient Privacy - How we protect your health information
Patient Rights & Responsibilities - Your rights and responsibilities are outlined on this page.
JCAHO Public Notice - Information from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
MRSA - Get the latest on what it is, testing for it, and how it's treated
Links of Interest
* Agency for Health Care Research and Quality
* American Cancer Society
* American Diabetes Association
* American Heart Association
* American Lung Association
* American Medical Association – Consumer Health Page
* Healthfinder – Your Guide to Reliable Health Information
* National Women’s Health Information Center
* United States Department of Health and Human Services – Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
(*) Denotes links to websites external to the va.gov network.