Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Disabled American Veterans is an organization that provides a nationwide network of services and assistance to those who served. One such service is transporting disabled Veterans to and from their VA appointments. Transportation is coordinated by a DAV Hospital Service Coordinator located at each of the 172 VA medical centers.
To use DAV transportation you must
- Have a scheduled appointment.
- Schedule transportation via 1-800-644-8370 Ext. 7025, or 318-221-8411 Ext. 7025.
- Be able to get in and out of the vehicle without assistance.
Please call as soon as you know that you have an appointment scheduled as space is limited.
If you have scheduled an appointment and must cancel it, please notify the DAV office as soon as possible so others can be scheduled.
The DAV vehicles leave at 6 a.m. from one of the following locations
- West Monroe Police Department, West Monroe, La.
- Zwolle Police Department, Zwolle, La.
- Miller County Jail Complex, Texarkana, Ark.
Local DAV transportation is also available in Shreveport and Bossier City, La. Please call the number above for details.
All DAV transportation vehicles are smoke and tobacco free. No alcohol or drugs are allowed. DAV drivers will not transport anyone who is intoxicated. All transportation vehicles in the DAV are donated and all DAV drivers are volunteers.
- Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
- 800-644-8370 Ext. 7025
- 318-221-8411 Ext. 7025
Hours of Operation